To Our Patients,
We hope that you and your family are in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and Contra Costa Health Services. We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You may be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, etc., since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the office. You will be asked to wash your hands before being seated for consultation or treatment. You should also wear a mask while inside our office.
- We will be wearing extra personal protective equipment (PPE) which makes us feel warmer than usual. The room temperature will be kept cool, so you should consider bringing an extra layer of clothing for your comfort.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Know that our team is screened daily, and on a regular COVID-19 testing schedule.
- What you may not notice are the extra precautions we are implementing to clean our air, including: installing Plasma Air ionizing high filtration systems to the central HVAC units, adding a secondary high volume evacuation (HVE) system to mitigate aerosols, and using air purifiers with HEPA filters and UV light.
We value the trust you have given us to take care of you and your families, and are humbly grateful for your patience during this busy time. To schedule an appointment, please call our office at (925) 283-4050 or contact us through our website at www.eastbayoralsurgery.com. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Dr. Gronbach and Team